Help kids who need it most by giving your time. Volunteers are one of our most valuable assets.
1,000 volunteers that donate their time each year
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Spending time on a regular basis with a cottage or classroom
- Assisting staff with outings and events for the kids
- Helping out at one of our many events throughout the year
- Home improvements for our residential cottages
- And more…
Watch this video to learn more about volunteering at Tennyson Center.
Many service organizations volunteer at Tennyson Center. Activities include:
- Reading with the kids
- Sporting and recreational activities
- Game nights
- Cooking nights
- Holiday outings
- And so much more.
We appreciate your interest in the volunteer program at Tennyson Center for Children. Before completing the steps, please consider the following questions:
- Can you successfully complete and pay ($50-$80) for a background check if you are 18 years or older?
- Can you attend a volunteer orientation and any additional training required?
You must complete the steps below to volunteer:
- Complete the online application. Applications are reviewed weekly – once reviewed you will be contacted via email.
- Complete the background check. The link for the background check will be provided in an email. Individuals with any criminal history, including substance abuse, DUI or violent crime offenses are not eligible to volunteer at Tennyson Center. If your background check is returned ineligible, we cannot reimburse you for the cost.
- Attend an orientation.
2017 Orientation Dates:
- Thursday May 11th, 10am – 12pm
- Wednesday August 30th, 6pm -8pm
- Thursday November 9th, 10am – 12pm, please note that this is the last orientation before the holidays and end of the year.
All orientations are held at the TCC campus at 2950 Tennyson Street, Denver, CO.
By spending time with the children, you’re giving something of immeasurable value to our mission. To the kids, you become a mentor, a role model, even a teacher. But, more importantly, you become a friend. To learn more about group opportunities, contact our Manager of Volunteer Services.